Saturday, January 24, 2009

Late to the Game as Always

Well, here we go. I've always wanted to be one of those people who jump onto trends before anyone else, but as my personal history has been a long series of staying too long at various fairs, here I am again, starting a blog in 2009!!!!!

On the other hand, I do tend to hang onto the bitter end once I have taken something up, which does bode well for the continuance of this little commentary. And I do think that I have something to say that others may, from time to time, find of interest. Mission statements are not part of my style, so essentially I will limit myself to saying that I will offer some observations on whatever catches my attention.

Joseph Stilwell famously used his diaries as an outlet for his bile (and Lord Knows he needed one dealing with Chiang Kai-Shek). That may happen here on occasion. I'm not sure if I should frame this fact as a warning or an enticement, but there it is.

Oh, the title. I based it on something Lenin said. Honestly, I mostly chose it because I was surprised that the title was still available, considering the relationship the United States has with China these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment